WMM's vision is a one-stop-shop for working mothers in Milwaukee to network, socialize and share experiences. We aim to create a supportive space where moms can connect both online and in person, get support from moms that just "get it", access services to make the day-to-day a little easier and celebrate this crazy life stage together!
Working Moms of Milwaukee was created in December 2017 by one local mom who needed some more support. In talking with other working moms, she found that there is a large community need for a local organization that combines these core elements:
- Mothers in Milwaukee who work full-time, part-time and/or remotely
- Networking with other moms from different backgrounds, fields and professions
- Making it easy to network online and in person and socializing in time frames that work for busy families
- Engaging events that celebrate Milwaukee and encourage authentic connections
- Support and sharing daily working mom experiences w/ other moms that just “get it!”
- Blog content that’s relateable and useful for working moms
- An organization that addresses the needs of working moms in our community
Meet the Team
Founder, Working Moms of Milwaukee
Susannah is from Milwaukee, WI, although she has lived in other cities such as Minneapolis, Chicago and Buenos Aires, Argentina. She is an entrepreneur with a professional background in international tourism, event planning, community relations and corporate social responsibility. Susannah has traveled to nearly 50 countries across the world and is bilingual in English and Spanish. She is married with two young children and raises her children in a bilingual and bicultural household. Susannah believes in the power of community, relationship building and female leadership.
Her favorite phrase: “Be bold. Be brave. Be amazing.”
Other Team Members
Mom Force Moderator
Amy Buck Conrad
Resident Yogi and Contributor
How we build community...
We build community through many different channels including social media, blogging, groups, in person events and more! See what the Mom Force is all about.