By WMM Contributor: Cassy Stanford
Being a busy working mom means that when you have the opportunity for a date day/night with your love you need to go into it with a plan. There should be no time wasted sitting around trying to figure out what to do with your precious time together. So to help refresh your date idea jar I’m going to share some of my personal favorites for a fun time out with your partner in Milwaukee.
- In the mood for a full experience date?Kick your night off with dinner in Bayview. Some of my personal favorites are Odd Duck and The Vanguard. After your tasty dinner take a step back in time at Bryant’s Cocktail Lounge. With the dim lighting, craft cocktails, and retro decor you're sure to have a groovy time with your love. Then finish off the night at Coz’s Mini Bowling for a wild and fun night to tell all your friends about. This place is a dive bar, that offers cheap beer, and mini bowling with pin setters that will wow you with their pin spinning flair. I loved this place and am proud to say I made quiet a few strikes, and this is coming from someone that is lucky to break 100 at the bowling alley.
- When you are in the market for a good day date idea check out the Riverwalk. Milwaukee’s downtown riverwalk takes you by some great spots to grab lunch like Mo’s Irish Pub or stop for a drink at The News Room Pub, all while enjoying the views of the Milwaukee River. While you’re there be sure to grab a picture with the Fonz.
- If you’re into that small town feel go walk through downtown Cedarburg one weekend afternoon. With their small store fronts, restaurants, and frequent events. Cedarburg has an array of events to choose from there’s the Strawberry festival in Summer, Wine and Harvest Festival in the Fall, and many other fun seasonal events. Side note, while you’re there you have to check out the Cedarburg Toy Company. I know it sounds like something you should do with your kids, but this store is so cool even adults have fun walking through it. Fun tip: Cedarburg is also located on the Ozaukee Interurban bike trail if you’d like to get active with your partner prior to a nice lunch, and afterwards you can bike off your calories on the way back to wherever you started your journey.
- In a crunch for time to go out with your partner? Go get coffee instead of lunch or dinner. There are some great coffee shops in Milwaukee. Colectivo has some cool locations to go relax and chat with your partner over some java and pastries. I recently went to their Humboldt location (2999 N Humboldt Blvd Milwaukee, WI 53212) with my husband and afterwards we stopped over at Fyxation Bicycle Company to check out their collection of cool bikes and unique accessories.
- Bonus family date day idea: Take a tour of our beautiful county parks/ hiking trails. Last summer we would pick a couple trails and venture out for a day in nature. To find the perfect trail for your family visit the Milwaukee County Parks website: https://county.milwaukee.gov/
EN/Parks/Explore/Trails. Then, we would finish off the day with a burger and custard at one of Milwaukee’s many custard shops. My preferred spot is Kopp’s, but honestly There are so many it can be hard to choose which one to visit.